Etiquette to be followed at the ICVA 2017
All the people physically present in the conference hall, fall into three distinct groups:
- Panellists and Observers;
- Participants Interested in Vedic Astrology;
- Tele-Conference Technology Experts, Audio and Video team members.
- On both days, ICVA will commence and close with a short invocation of the Divine.
- Sri Kannan Subramanian, Trustee-Secretary will give the introduction.
- Ms Devika Dorai, the Master of Ceremonies, Trustee-Treasurer will introduce the Participants to the Panellists and Trustees.
- All present in the hall are expected to maintain discipline, patience and silence during the proceedings of the conference. Cell-phones should be in silent mode/ switched off.
- Depending on the instructions from the Technology director, sometimes, during the Tele-Conference hours (3:00pm to 6:00pm on both days), one or two mobile phones, may be activated, for contacting the overseas Vedic astrologers and Vedic astrology learners.
- All Participants interested in Vedic astrology are encouraged to freely ask questions, when the Panellists or Observers call for the same.
- When the proceedings are in session, it is requested that at any given time, only one person speaks, and all others will be obliged to listen to that speaker.
- The break timings, as well as the commencement and ending timings should be strictly adhered to.
- It is binding on all of us to speak words courteously and not out of turn. At any given moment, only one person must speak, and the others must listen (sabha maryada).
- While the Tele-Conference is in session, there could be some unexpected delays, so, all participants are urged not to become impatient, during such moments.